Whose mom doesn’t love the smell of a fresh homemade breakfast brewing?
Once she catches the whiff of that mystery meal, her stomach begins to growl with anticipation. The smile on her face grows larger as she gets ready to devour her well-earned Mother’s Day treat. As she starts to loosen the strings of her PJs awaiting for you guys to burst through her bedroom door, she thinks to herself “I am not about to consume 1,000 calories worth of gluten and wasted carbs!” And that’s when the real surprise hits her once she examines the meal in front of her…
We have your backs #fitfam! You won’t have to worry this Mother’s Day, we have four breakfast ideas that are health conscience, delicious, and easy to make (because we know no one has time to be in the kitchen all morning).
Simple twist on your traditional pancakes
Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Source: Pinterestesting.com
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Oats
- ¼ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Blend oats in blender until ground
- Add other ingredients
- Mix until blended
- Cook on butter pan
VEGAN Oatmeal remix
Chia Blueberry Oatmeal
- Source: ahealthyplate.com
- 5 cup of water
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup quick cooking organic oats
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Bring water and almond milk to a slow boil and stir in the oats. Cook according to directions (about 3 minutes) and add frozen blueberries 1 minute before oatmeal is done. If it’s 1-minute oatmeal brand, just cook for 1 additional minute and turn off.
- Add chia seeds and let stand for 3 more minutes, if it’s too thick add more milk.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes or granola (optional).
Have a sweet tooth??
- Source: artfrommytable.com
- 1 Banana
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ cup granola
- Chocolate chips (mini)
- ½ cup strawberry Greek yogurt
- Cut banana into two pieces (hamburger style) onto a plate
- Scope the yogurt between the two bananas
- Sprinkle blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips and granola on top of the yogurt
Bringing out your inner baker!
Raspberry Yogurt Muffins
- Source: thismamacooks.com
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ Baking soda
- ½ Salt
- 1/3 Sugar
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 1 Carton raspberry yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400-degree F
- Spray, grease or put paper lines in 12 (2 ¾ inch) muffin cups
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients
- In a small bowl, beat together yogurt, oil, and egg
- Stir yogurt mixture and raspberries into dry mixture until almost blended
- Add raspberries and stir until batter is just blended. Do not over mix
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups
- Bake until nicely browned, about 20 minutes
Enjoy your Mother’s Day with your loved ones!